Free Services for Pensioners & Veterans
Pensioners and veterans may be eligible for free services under the Australian Government’s Office of Hearing Services Program (OHS). See below for eligibility criteria.
ONDC and our Audiologists are accredited to supply services under the OHS Program.
In 2014 the OHS online portal was introduced making application or renewal of services within the program much easier.
If you are new to the OHS program, that is you have never previously applied for the program and you wish to receive services from ONDC you should call us on 8232 4488 and we will guide you through the process and check your eligibility online. You will require an OHS Medical Certificate to be signed by your GP or ENT Specialist before attending your first appointment under the OHS Program.
This Medical Certificate can be sent to ONDC ahead of time or brought with you to your first appointment.
Existing OHS clients are those who have already applied for or utilised services or been fitted with hearing aids in the past through the program. If you wish to relocate to ONDC you should call us on 8232 4488 and we will guide you through the process.
Office of Hearing Services (OHS) Eligibility Criteria:
You are eligible for the program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and you are:
- a Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions;
- the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
- a member of the Australian Defence Force; or
- part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) – Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager
National Disability Insurance Scheme participants may access hearing services through the program if referred for services by their National Disability Insurance Agency Planner.
Centre of Excellence
We strive to maintain a standard of excellence and quality care, providing the benchmark service that is synonymous with our name. ONDC is independently owned by 35 Ear Nose & Throat Specialists.